Child Passenger Safety Technicians are car seat experts who have taken a 40-hour class with curriculum written by NHTSA in collaboration with National CPS Board and Safe Kids Worldwide. During the class they learn the ins and outs of car seats, installation options, vehicle differences, harnessing procedures and more.
How do I find my CSPT?
Here are a few ways to find a CPST who is local to you:
- Search the Safe Kids Database (note: less information yields more results. …
- Visit NHTSA Parents Central: Inspection Station Locator.
- If you are looking for a Canadian technician, you can also search the CPSAC Find a Tech database.
How much does a child have to weigh to face forward?
While 1 year and 20 pounds used to be the standard for when to flip car seats around, most experts now recommend using rear-facing child seats until children are 2 years old and reach the top weight and height recommendations of the car seat manufacturer, which is typically around 30 pounds and 36 inches.
What is the highest paying pharmacy technician job?
Below is a list of the top-10 highest-paying states for pharmacy technicians.
- Alaska average pharmacy technician salary: $43,150.
- California average pharmacy technician salary: $42,610.
- Washington average pharmacy technician salary: $42,470.
- Oregon average pharmacy technician salary: $40,920.
How do you become an IV certified pharmacy technician?
Steps to Become an IV Technician
- Step 1: Complete a Formal Education Program. …
- Step 2: Earn Pharmacy Technician Certification. …
- Step 3: Gain Experience as a Pharmacy Technician. …
- Step 4: Earn IV Technician Certification. …
- Step 5: Consider Opportunities for Career Advancement.
What is the difference between pharmacy assistant and pharmacy technician?
A pharmacy technician is similar to a pharmacy assistant. They can do all the support tasks an assistant does, but have a few added responsibilities and powers. For example, unlike assistants, pharmacy technicians have “signing authority” on new and refill prescriptions.
Whats the difference between a pharmacist and a pharmacy tech?
While pharmacists and pharmacy technicians both work in a pharmacy setting, their jobs require different tasks and skill levels. Pharmacists have extensive knowledge of medications and are in charge of ensuring patients get the right medicines, and pharmacy technicians help fill and deliver individual prescriptions.